Using robots for machine tool tending increases the utilisation of tools by up to 60% thereby improving productivity and efficiency.
By adding attachments to robot arms, the range of applications which can be addressed by robots can include:
- batch running
- CNC interface
- infeed / outfeed
Good examples of where robots can offer great advantages are those where the tool is heavy, noisy or dangerous. Nail guns, rivet guns, large drills or grinders can all weigh over 20kg, be unwieldy and dangerous, yet a 120kg payload robot will handle them with ease.
Benefits of using automated machine tool tending include:
- increased productivity, with robots able to operate long hours thereby improving utilisation of equipment and premises
- decreased manufacturing labour costs through potential efficiency savings
- decreased overall costs as utilisation improves
- improved quality, because robots are designed to deliver exactly the same process time after time with no room for error or inconsistencies
- enhanced safety, as humans can be removed from direct contact with dangerous, heavy and unwieldy machinery
- operational flexibility with human staff potentially be redeployed to other activities
- inventory optimization, as reliability of robot operations means resource utilisation can be determined going forward.
To find out more about how our robot solutions can improve your productivity and efficiency, with an impressive ROI, please don’t hesitate to contact us for further details.